Agia Triada monastery is located 4,8 km from Irene Tavern. Agia Triada Monastery also known as Monastery of Agia Triada Tsangarolon, is a Greek Orthodox monastery in the Akrotiri peninsula and it also contains a museum and a library. The monastery, whose name means “Holy Trinity” in Greek, was built in the 17th century by two brothers of the Venetian Zangaroli family on the site of a pre-existing church.
The church is built in the Byzantine architectural cruciform style with three domes. The main church is flanked by two smaller domed chapels, one of which is dedicated to the Life-Giving Spring and the other to Saint John the Theologian.
The main church is dedicated to the Holy Trinity. The monastery also has a library which contains some rare books, and a museum which contains a collection of icons and wood carvings and a collection of codices. Important exhibits include a portable icon of St John the Theologian dated to around 1500.
The monks maintain an organic cultivation of olives and vines and produce fine wine, tsikoudia (raki), oil, honey, vinegar and olive oil soap. The virgin olive oil which has been awarded in international competitions, is sold mainly abroad. All the products of the Holy Trinity Monastery can be purchased at the shop that operates inside the monastery.
The monastery Agia Triada Tsangarolon is located 15 km from Chania and is very close to Chania Airport and the also well known Gouvernetou Monastery.